Sunshine Math Rap

Monday, September 29, 2008

Being away is "Jamaican" me miss you!

Hello kids! It's me, Chet, of course. I feel badly that I left in such a rush last Friday, but Mr. Pinchot needed me to go to Jamaica with a member of his class. I will write more on my trip later. I'm still trying to get to know my new fourth grade friend (and figure out when I'll be coming home). Did you know fourth graders know how to do division? I just learned to add! It's crazy!

What I am trying to decide is whether or not I should by this dreadlock wig I saw in a souvenir shop. Many people in Jamaica have their hair styled this way and I want to live like a local, while I am here. This is what the wig looks like. Should I buy it?




While I am resting and relaxing on the beautiful white sandy beaches, I am going to practice some games on my hundreds chart. You have a green one in your homework folder. I learned a new game called "Guess My Number." All you need is a 100's chart and a partner to play this game. Here's how you play:

1. Secretly pick a number on the chart, but don't tell your partner what it is.

2. Your partner asks you questions about the number, but they must be yes or no questions.

3. You answer the questions by saying yes or no. Your partner can keep track of what number they think it might be or the numbers they think it can't be on a separate sheet of paper (if they want to).

4. Keep track of the number of questions it takes your partner to guess the secret number. Each question is a point. The player with the fewest points wins. Be sure to play a few rounds and let your partner pick a secret number for you to guess, too.

Let me know if you try this game...you could even type to me and tell me some of the questions you use when trying to guess a secret number. I want to be able to ask questions that will eliminate many numbers at once, so I won't have to ask very many to make my guess.

P.S. If you don't play the game, at least write to me and let me know whether or not you think I should buy the dreadlock wig...I'm having trouble deciding if I would look good with hair that long; I've always been a clean cut bear.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi chet i just thout about that wig you want. you want it you get it. i think you should. have to go buy. katherine o

Anonymous said...

Hi Chet I reelly want you to buy that wig have fun bye madison

Anonymous said...

hi you ralley need to by that wig chet it woid look funny brady

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice! I thought it would look good on me. :) Has anyone tried my new math game yet? I am getting pretty good at it. I have been asking questions like this: Is it odd? Is it a multiple of five? Is it between one and fifty?

Let me know what questions you're asking so I can continue to improve my game

Miss Patterson said...

Thanks for the advice! I thought it would look good on me. :) Has anyone tried my new math game yet? I am getting pretty good at it. I have been asking questions like this: Is it odd? Is it a multiple of five? Is it between one and fifty?

Let me know what questions you're asking so I can continue to improve my game.

Love,

Chet

Anonymous said...

Miss Sharpe & Miss Brown say definitely get the wig. Hurry home soon, Chet Sharpe-Brown misses his neighbor.

Mrs. Felter said...

Dear Miss Hoffmann and Mrs. P.,

Your classroom being so far away is Jamaican me miss you guys! We need to do some reading buddies soon!

I can't wait to show my class what Chet wrote to you!

Sincerely,
Miss L :)

Anonymous said...

No!I don't think you should get
that wig even if everyone has that style.Soon I'll play that other game also I can't wait to get chet
on thurs.

from,

chloe

Anonymous said...

i bet you should were that crazy wig it looks good on you . you should were that in public in jamaica i wonder what you look like when you were it in public. well i got to go

Delaney said...

kenaston

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing, Kenaston! I decided not to get the wig. I got those cool overall pants instead. I'm in North Carolina right now with Chloe. I can't wait to tell you all about my trip. We are having a great time so far.

Love,

Chet Bear

Anonymous said...

hi my sister thinks Chet shold not have the wig. from:madison/sarena.

Anonymous said...

Dear Chet,
I do not think you shold buy the wig because it looks funny.

Sensarily Morgen