Sunshine Math Rap

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Cousin Jose

Hi kids! Chet here! Sharing pics and adventures of my cousin, Jose, with you today was awesome. It was a lot of fun discussing the similarities and differences between the things in our neighborhood maps and the things we saw in the photos from my cousin's journeys in Latin America. I especially liked the video footage from the zip line ride through the rain forest, however, Miguel Angel's story about the volcano was fascinating. Can you imagine how scary it must have been for him and his family as the ashes burned through the roof of his family's home?

I remember the first time Jose and I traveled together. We have loved going on adventures, since we were tiny cubs. We are kind of like that book we read in Morning Meeting the other day about those two little traveling pigs, Toot and Puddle.




Let me tell you a little about our first adventure. The first time we traveled together was in a hot air balloon, which we built in our backyard out of old garbage bags and an Easter basket we found at the city dump (Warning: Don't try this at home...stuffed bear cubs weigh must less than human children!). We were the first two bears to circle the world. When we got hungry we would lower our fishing poles (we had REALLY long fishing lines) down into whatever water was below us at the time...rivers...oceans...lakes...and when we got thirsty we would fly close to clouds and scoop up the water droplets that had condensed there. We saw The Leaning Tower of Pisa, The Great Wall, and Machu Picchu, just to name a few. It was an amazing journey, not to mention an incredible news story. I'll have to show you all the medals that the president gave us and the photos from our "Welcome Back" parade.

Anyway, if you want to learn more about my cousin's adventures, here is the address of his blog: http://sjeds.com/blog/latinamerica . Enjoy reading about his adventures while I relax with Chloe in North Carolina. Geez, I have a rough life...a week in Jamaica and now I'm off again. Write to me and let me know what your favorite thing was from my cousin's blog?

Ciao for now,

:) Chet Bear

6 comments:

Ian Puttick said...

Dear Miss Hoffmann and Miss P., We just visited Jose's blog and we were curious about SJEDS so we Googled them and found out that it is San Jose Episopal Day School right here in Jacksonville! Jose has a whole section on their website and we visited his other blogs, too. Did you know that he has also been to Egypt and China?! How cool is that?!

From, Lisa and Ian Puttick

Miss Patterson said...

Hi Ian and Ian's mom,

Thanks for writing! It looks like you did some great research into Jose's school. We had heard about Jose's trips to Egypt and China, but we had never visited the blogs from those trips. You inspired us to take a peek and it was awesome!

Thanks again!

Melanie Holtsman said...

I'm so glad to hear you are all enjoying Jose's adventure in South America. The zip line was my favorite too, although it made me a little sick to my stomach (I'm afriad of heights) If you look on Chet's website http://travelingchet.blogspot.com you will see links to all of Jose's travels as well as a program called Teddy Bears Around the World where you can adopt a traveling bear all of your very own!

Anonymous said...

Dear ms.hoffmaann and ms.p
I had nothing to do, so I went to brazil and back.As soon as I saw
my name I absolutely wanted to read it,but after I saw how long
I didn't absolutely want to read
it.

sincerely,
chloe s.

Anonymous said...

dear miss p and miss hoffmann, i
just woke up and i wanted to go back to sleep but i could not so
i went online and here i am! so i wanted to leave a post. i read Ians
post and i was curious about that to. and i did not know that josewent to china and Egypt. tat is so cool!!!!! and i got a MP3 player for my birthday and it is charging
rigt here next to me.

brenna

Miss Patterson said...

Brenna,
It was nice to hear from! That is so exciting about your new mp3 player. We are sorry that you couldn't sleep very well, but we are so happy that you visited us online. Jose has been on many travel adventures. We hope you had fun reading all about them.

See you in class. Today is ice cream day! Woo hoo!

Miss Hoffmann & Miss P