Sunshine Math Rap

Friday, October 24, 2008

Got Muscles?

Hi everyone! Chet here. I am writing this from Orlando, FL. I am on vacation with Rida. I told her I needed to go to the bathroom inside of a Starbucks, but it is a wireless hotspot, so I whipped out my laptop and am typing this very important message to you. I could barely sleep last night. I can't stop thinking about what Miss Hoffmann and Miss P have been saying about making connections with muscles. I am trying my "beary" best, but I want to be absolutely sure that my connections have muscle (like Arnold Schwarzenegger muscles not like the time Spongebob wanted muscles, so he worked out with Sandy Squirrel for a while but then decided the workouts were too hard, so he just got inflatable fake arms muscles).

I'm reading and I really like it so far. I have a connection to this story. I have a friend, Pooh Bear, who loves honey, as much as John loves chocolate. This helps me to understand the book better because I think John is going to experience something similar to what happened to Pooh a few years back. I already told you that Pooh loves honey, but once he loved it soooooo much that he wouldn't stop eating it. He ate and ate and ate and ATE honey. In fact, he ate so much that when he went to leave his house, he got stuck! His love of honey had gotten out of control and he had to learn to love honey in moderation (this means he had to remind himself not to get carried away).
I think John is about to learn the same lesson. He loves chocolate just as much as Pooh loved honey. I am already noticing clues that John's ability to turn
everything into chocolate is getting old. At first he was excited about his toothpaste and orange juice, but now that he's at school, he is getting sick of chocolate and just wants a drink of water. I think he's going to start realizing that turning everything into chocolate isn't all it's cracked up to be.
That is my connection. What do you think? Does it have muscle or not? What do you like about it? What could I do to make it better?

I gotta go. Rida is going to think I fell in the sink or something.

Love,

Chet Bear

P.S. Yasdnil! Congrats on the pumpkin contest win! Shhh! Yasdnil!

9 comments:

Mrs. Felter said...

Hi Miss Hoffman and Miss P's class!

We can't wait to hang out with you guys soon... Reading buddies maybe?! We really loved your teachers' Math Rap (we even put it on our blog).

Keep working hard!
Sincerely,
Miss Lipsky :)

Anonymous said...

wow! That was a great connection. I thought it had muscle.

Luke

Anonymous said...

i think that was so and so. becuse
you did not get back with the story
at the end.


love brenna:)

Anonymous said...

I like it!IT HAD MUCLES! CHET IS ASUMER THAN EVER!CHET IS A DUDE.DID YOU HAVE FUN WRITEING IT?sorry I gotta go to lunch. Bye!

From: Madison

Anonymous said...

Nice it was great chet.It had a lot of mucles! Chet rock!!!! chet, did you like when we went to Daytona?

Michael

Anonymous said...

i like it ,it had mucles. It helps you understand the story.

Maarya

Anonymous said...

Chet I think it was gourgess
it was fabouless. I think it was good and publishd and it had musles. and i think you should publish it in your writeing portfollyo.

Evvie

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Chet, but it needs more details about John and the book to really have muscle.

Love, Ashley

Anonymous said...

eeeek NOT GOOD..........SORRY brady10/30/08