Sunshine Math Rap

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Head in the Clouds...

Hiya fellow meteorologists! Chet here to remind you of a special extra credit opportunity. Today we talked about Cumulus, Cirrus, and Stratus clouds. We read descriptions of them, looked at pictures of them online, and made sketches of them. We also looked at our previous cloud drawings and observations to practice classifying clouds. Tonight, take a moment to pull out your cloud booklet and read it with someone in your family. Then, take a walk and look up at the sky (try to do this before sunset for a better view). Talk about the clouds you see and what type you think they could be. Have an adult sign your cloud booklet to earn an extra credit point in science.

When you're done, try this cool game! Leave me a post to let me know how your cloud walk went...or what cloud you drew in the game. I love sitting back and relaxing outside, gazing up at the sky, looking for fluffy cumulus clouds that look just like me..."beary" cute and cuddly.

So long for now...

Chet Bear

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello,it's me Chloe I had a blast
playing the cloud game. First, I made
a butterfly and then I just left it be.




chloe

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you played the cloud game Chloe! Did you get a chance to take a Cloud Walk this weekend? I went to Orlando to ride roller coasters. I got a really great view of the clouds from the top of The Hulk...but it only lasted for about 3 seconds!

Love ya,
Chet Bear

Anonymous said...

i played that cloud game to!
and i played that flag fraction game it was awsome it was a very buitiful flag well see ya later i gotta go feed my dog



brenna

Anonymous said...

Dear Chet,
My Mom started to get interested in the cloud game. She made a flower and other crazy shapes. I asked her what she was doing at first and she said I don't know. I guessed that she was making a flower. I enjoyed the game too.

Katie