Sunshine Math Rap

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sorting "Stuff"

Hiya! It's me, Chet Bear. I have been so busy cleaning out my treehouse the past few weeks. I cleaned the cellar, the attic, and every single closet I have. I have found so many things I didn't even know I had. I am thinking of having a garage sale over the long holiday weekend, but I wanted to put the items in categories (groups). Can you help me? Here are the things I have found:

bicycle, basket, basketball, straw hat, tricycle, volleyball, baseball cap, wheel, chef hat, towel, wooden spoon, hammer, softball, wrench, screwdriver, table, lamp, saw, chair, coat rack, blanket, apron, sheet, and a tennis racket.

What things should go together? What could the signs on my tables say (What categories do I have?)?

Help! I have a lot to organize and only a little time to prepare for the sale...Thanks!!!

Love ya,
Chet

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Chet, here are some categories you could use for your garage sale: Sporting Goods, Tools, Cloths/linens, Hats, Furniture & Oddball/Miscellaneous. Love, Ashley
Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Wow! These are some great ideas...You are the best Ashley. Maybe I will use the graph maker on the blog under "Really Cool Math Stuff" to make a bar graph to figure out which category/table will have the most items at my sale. Happy Thanksgiving!

Love,
Chet Bear

Anonymous said...

chet I think that all that stuff
is to much for a bear like you






Love,Evvie